Social Computing for Travel and Hospitality
Currently only a little more than one-fifth (22 percent) of hospitality and travel companies use social media as a revenue generating tool with a further 27 percent planning to do so over the next five years with revenues amounting to $30 billion. However, social media has already shown a positive impact with 50% of travel brands revealing increased direct bookings and 71% indicating improved customer engagement.
Travel brands globally are realizing that social media is their most successful marketing platform and also reduces the PR cost by over 25%. As a result, travel marketers are increasing their focus on social media.
While social media engages with customers in terms of issue resolution, product information, promoting a deal and brand establishment, travel companies face various challenges when using social media:
- 60% of all tweets are posted in a language other than English and this language barrier hampers the customer engagement.
- 95% of Facebook page wall posts go unanswered.
However, the presence and power of social media is immense and can target customers across all sub segments in travel – air, car, hotel, rail and bus. Therefore, marketers need to leverage social media to influence buying decisions.
We have crafted a unique blend of Social Computing Solutionsfor travel brands worldwide:
1. nSight: Customer Insights Framework
Using our nSight framework, travel enterprises will be able to:
- Create a differentiated customer experience for creating repeat customers.
- Minimize the response time to customers and gain their confidence – replying to flight time enquiries, hotel facility enquiries.
- Listen to customers and offer better service by recommending cross-sell and up sell products – upgrading rooms in hotels or classes in flight.
Gather feedback from customers across all channels (blogs, Facebook, Twitter) to improve the product/offering in terms of features, pricing, services.
2. nLoyal: Social Loyalty & Rewards (Gamification)
Using nLoyal Gamification framework, travel enterprises will be able to perform the following functions:
- Gamification: reward customers for all of their social activity thus ensuring affinity, loyalty and advocacy. Allow customers to gain reward points for activities like stays in hotels, airport lounges, restaurants, cruise ships, train stations, writing reviews and recommending products to friends.
- Deploy Gamification within the enterprise – training and learning management systems, employee management, sales collaboration etc.
Integrate Gamification with all existing IT systems, websites and communities.
3. nGage: Eco-System Engagement Platforms
Happiest Minds have created the nGage Framework for travel enterprises to:
- Create organizational platforms to enable change for business agility, fostering innovation and collaboration.
Bring brand loyalty through traveler/guest community network.
4. nAlyze: Social User Data Analytics & Dashboards
The nAlyze Framework of Happiest Minds can help travel enterprises to:
- Create rich personalization dashboards – demographic data of travelers/guests, psychographic data, page popularity etc
- Create rich analytics
Changing a normal enterprise login on the website to a socially-enabled login will:
- Turn anonymous site users into active registered users
- Increase online registration rates and interaction with travelers
Build rich-media dashboards that capture traveler profiles andsocial graphs of online and offline customers. When integrated with in-house CRM data this will help - distributors develop new insights and tailored offerings.
5. Social Apps
We help travel companies in building social apps for diverse needs and delivery channels (Facebook, Google Chrome).
Travel, Transportation and Hospitality Industry
Travel, Transportation and Hospitality landscape has witnessed tremendous change in recent years due to shifting customer demands, changing economic. social, and political scenarios and rapid advancements in technology.