Microsoft Cloud Workshop: IoT on the Edge
Date: February 9th and 12th, 2018 Venue: Dallas and Minneapolis, USA
Microsoft Cloud Workshops are the closest thing to building your own Azure solution. Experts will guide attendees through real case studies, architecture design whiteboarding, and full end-to-end solution hackathons.
IoT on the Edge Case Study & Hackathon:
The goal of this hackathon is to develop a POC-quality IoT Edge solution that shows how the following solution could be developed.
- AdventureWorksManufacturing (AWM), a discrete manufacturer of both aluminum and wooden baseball bats, wants to centrally and remotely monitor their production line.
- A critical, and often failing, component of their production lines are the motors that drive their industrial lathes.
- AWM wishes to provide the monitoring data to the cloud for use by their operations managers.
- However, the overheating of a lathe motor is time-critical and requires local warning and immediate action by the line operator.
- AWM wishes to implement a hybrid IoT solution whereby both telemetry and alert data is sent to the cloud for central monitoring, yet time-critical alerting of motor temperatures runs on the Edge.
- Azure IoT Remote Monitoring Pre-Configured Solution
- Azure IoT Hub
- Azure IoT Edge
- Azure Stream Analytics (running on Edge)
- Azure Functions (running on Edge)
Who should attend:
- IoT solution architects
- IoT solution developers
Venue 1: Dallas:
Feb 09, 2018 — 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Irving, TX
Venue 2: Minneapolis
Feb 12, 2018 — 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Edina, Minnesota