The range of technologies that create the experience of reality across all the senses is called as Digital Reality. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) accelerated by Mobility and User Experience Platforms stimulate the realistic experience through the computer generated material.
Virtual reality (VR) enables to simulate or recreate a real life environment or situation. It is envisaged to take the user experience to the next level by taking the user to the virtual world and make them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality then and there through the visual and hearing stimulation. Whereas Augmented Reality (AR) creates a reverse experience by augmenting the real world views with virtual elements to give an augmented experience on the reality.
According to Digi-Capital fundamental “Augmented/Virtual Reality Report Q2 2015”, the AR/VR market is going to expand up to $150 billion by 2020. Moreover, the augmented reality has got the lion’s share of the market for $120 billion (VR receives only $30 billion, though). With Digital Reality targeting the smartphone and tablet market, we at Happiest Minds are looking at a potential user base that runs to multi billions, opening a vast avenue of attracting customers easily by more immersive and personalized experiences for their business.
Augmented Reality has been around for many years. However, it wasn’t until Android, and iOS smartphones came equipped with GPS, camera, and AR capability that it came into its own with the public. This technology combines VR with the real world in the form of live video imagery that is digitally enhanced with computer-generated graphics. AR can be experienced through headsets that people wear and through displays on their mobile devices.
- Better customer targeting with real-world augmented search.
- Personalized promotional campaigns through Augmenting posters, printed manuals and maintenance handbooks with superimposed visual experience and information
- Enhanced customer engagement and retention by leveraging games and gaming themes
- Better Customer Conversion by using Virtual demos and promotions
- Immersive Customer Experience using Virtual And Augmented marketing and sales enablement collaterals